Monday, August 25, 2008

Twin Lakes/Mt. Hood

So with Monty's new job we are forced to understand the concept of "Weekend Warrior".  
"People who do recreational activities (such as skiing, snowboarding, or mountain biking) solely on the weekends since they work Monday through Friday and may or may not be local to the area of these activities."-Wickipedia

We are trying to make the most of what is left of summer 2008.  No matter how hard we try we don't get out of the house until mid-afternoon... which makes for late night driving home on Sunday night.  Poor Monty, he is at work right now and here I am blogging and downloading pix from our trip.  :)  I love the fact that I work 3 12-hour shifts/week.  Being a Nurse certainly has its perks.  
So we spent our sunday afternoon and evening hiking the Twin Lakes trail in Mt. Hood National Forest.  It is a trail that branches off of the Pacific Crest trail.  The Pacific Northwest is absolutely beautiful.  Mild climate, Green, and Moist... and hardly any pesky bugs!  We miss the Rocky Mountains so much so we find ourselves trying to fill that void by seeking higher elevation.  Here are some photos from our daytrip yesterday.  I am loving playing around with Monty's super-nice Cannon camera!  I recently decided that I have a passion for taking photographs!  It is my new hobby...   I love the pictures of Max the water loving CBR (Chesapeake Bay Retriever).  

















1 comment:

BROOKE said...

Hey Kenz... Your photos are great! I really love the last one of Max.. You sure seem to have some hidden talent when it comes to photography.. Keep it up :D
Love and miss you